Jan 10, 2009

Belated Christmasness...

After my email inbox practically shut down because of all the emails I was receiving from all of my fans complaining and begging me to update, I finally gave in. There were hundreds, no thousands of emails from all of my wonderful readers/fans of my blog. I am sorry that I left you hanging for nearly a month. It has been a busy one.

Every year we have been blessed to be able to spend Christmas in Colorado. That is something that I am incredibly grateful for. One thing I am not grateful for is that Utah doesn't get any snow, then is dumped upon every year on the day we are leaving for Colorado.

Up until Christmas I am cleaning, baking, sewing(by hand) and packing up until the very moment we leave. The Monday before Christmas I had an appointment to get my two front teeth for Christmas(finally, will blog about that later). I got the kids ready, dropped them off at my neighbor's (Ashley) house(thank you again for watching them!), then I headed off to the dentist in the snow storm. I was about 8 minutes late, but they were running about an hour behind. My appointment was at noon, I didn't get in until 1 and didn't get home until 2. Mark didn't get off of work early and the blizzard was very intense. We did not leave the house until 8pm!! We decided to drive throught Wyoming instead of going through the Rocky Mountains because the storm was just going to hang out over I-70 the entire time. Wyoming is more interesting to drive through than Utah, so it wasn't too bad.

We arrived at my Grandfather's house at 6:30 am. We got unpacked a bit and took a little nap around 8am. Then my sister called at 9am to let me know that we had a hair appointment with my sister in law Holly at 11am. Not too bad except I was in Lakewood and wasn't ready and she is all the way up in Erie. I was about 20min. from my parents' house and they were about 40mins. from Holly's salon. I arrived at my Mom's just in time. We left late, then ran into some difficulties(which I won't go into so that my mom and sister won't get mad at me, haha.). We ended up getting there at 12:15pm. Sorry Holly! I got my hair cut and colored(will post pictures later). It took forever. I always forget how long my hair takes and how difficult it is to work through. It will literally eat combs and brushes(right Holly?).

Moving right along now. My dad had to go back to the hospital on Friday or Saturday before Christmas because he got a cold and a bit of pnuemonia. Luckily they were able to release him at 5pm on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve was spent at Papa's house. Holly's blog can tell you all about that. I spent the earlier part of that day shopping for food, cooking, and wrapping. It all seemed to never end. We sang, laughed, the kids cried and fought and opened presents.

Christmas morning was intense. We got about 6 hours of sleep before the kids got up. It seemed like we had so much in the way of presents, but I forget that we are a family of 6 now and that I started shopping back in September and was done well before Thanksgiving. I didn't spend all that much at once. It's definately good to break it all up.

To me, wrapping is an art that should be taken seriously at all times.

We started off with stockings. Gwendolyn spent the present opening time stealing candy from everyone's stocking and eating it before 10am. We were not pleased with her choice of actions.

Gwendolyn was very excited about her Dora doll and her fairy wings. The two most important things in the world to this girl: Dora and Fairies.

Don't forget, Liam must cry on every joyful occasion, especially ones when he receives presents.

Rosaline enjoyed the screaming and the fighting that came along with present opening. She felt the intensity of the situation.

The most happy and content little girl on Christmas. She was enjoying stealing candy for breakfast the whole morning long. Notice the full mouth.

Awwww! Togetherness. The Yo Gabba Gabba Dance Mat. It brings brothers together.

Eggs or Candy? I'll let you be the judge here. She did eat all of her breakfast, surprisingly.

Liam was also a hungry boy. I think it was all that crying. It just wear a boy out. Works up his appetite.

I don't think Duncan finished his eggs, but my husband did use water and I use milk and he made the eggs. But thank you for making breakfast, Mark!!! I still love you!!
I had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you all did as well. I spent my New Year celebration in the bathroom with the stomach flu. I hope yours was not spent in such a way. I now have a new found appreciation for toilets.
The PS to my blog: PS-
The Sisters' Daughters...


Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I love the matching girlies, the hoodie that B and G both have and the fact that you take wrapping presents as seriously as I do! Hahaha

Hannah S said...

Love the blue themed gifts. Duncan and Liam look like twins. Why does Liam cry so much? Is he really sensitive? And Andrea's girl looks like a mini-Clarin!

Melissa said...

Your kids are soo gorgeous! Glad you had a good Christmas. :)