Aug 6, 2013

This feels funny...

I'm pretty sure almost no one reads blogs anymore, but I thought I would give this a wee bit of a go.  I posted back in October of last year that I was addicted to jazzercise.  Well, nothing has changed in that regard.  However, a lot has changed with me since then.  I started off losing only 9lbs. and it just seemed to stay that way for some time.  Then after Christmas I went down to 19 then 25 and now I am down a total of 34lbs.  Everyone else seems to notice the physical changes more than I do.  I have been told that my arms are a lot thinner, that my legs are getting skinny, that my face has thinned out a lot(that is something I've noticed), that my waist has gotten a lot smaller and I even had someone call me "the incredible shrinking woman."  That last one is funny to me.  There are so many pairs of pants that I haven't been able to wear for years, due to how tight they were, that now are a little loose.  It's a really good feeling.  I don't think I've come that far until I look at pants I used to wear that I couldn't even button last year and now they are big on me.  I am amazed at how much muscle I've built up.  My legs used to be so squishy and now they are hard and full of muscle.  I never thought I would see that one coming, haha.
 Being able to exercise regularly with friends has brought so much joy and happiness into my life.  It has helped me get through some really difficult times.  I don't know where I would be had I not been given this opportunity.
I am now a class manager for Jazzercise here in Spanish Fork.  I love having a sense of belonging and being a part of something I really love and enjoy.  I have had some opportunities to teach some jazzercise at the church.  I had so much fun.  I am positive I want to become an instructor.  I'm thinking in the next year or so.
Perhaps I will update you with more things that have happened in the past year.  You'll just have to wait and see!

1 comment:

LittleBrownFamily said...

I still read blogs, occasionally. :) I think it's amazing that you found a passion here. I'm still waiting for my ideal way to get my moves on. I think you're amazing!