Sep 13, 2010

I am trying to come back






I loaded pictures onto my computer, which I haven't done, apparently, since January 21st. Has it really been that long? Now the whole picture loading thing is not on my side, but I am trying. I will do it the old fashioned way, I guess.
So far the pregnancy is going by quickly on some days, and not so quickly on other days. I am dealing with the gestational diabetes the best way I know how. The nurse I see at the hospital says that I am doing really well. She would like me to consume more calories. My Dr. is concerned that I am regularly losing weight, especially at this stage in the pregnancy. I am now at my pre-pregnancy weight. My face is looking thinner, my chest is fading away(sniff sniff), my bum is even less existent than it was before. The big concern here is that this could affect the neurological development of the baby. I am doing my best. I never thought it would be so hard to eat 6 times a day and try to get enough calories in my day. Obviously, this was never a problem before, haha. But, this has been a big struggle, not the being good part, but the getting everything I need for the baby part. I worry daily about him because I don't want to do anything that could possibly hurt him. Needless to say, I look forward to seeing him in person and knowing if all is well.
We are getting excited to have this baby. There is a lot to do still and stuff to buy. We need to buy a new car seat, this time around. Our old one expired last year. I need to buy a few clothes and onesies, after vomiting Liam being my last baby boy who used these clothes. Mark is in the process of sanding and painting our crib. Rozzy's shoes did a number on it, so he is using wood filler, sanding and paint to make it look all pretty again. I will take pictures, of course.
Duncan is in first grade now and doing well. He insists on riding his bike on most days, but he is too slow about getting ready in the morning and I just end up driving him. I can do this now that we have 2 CARS!!! That's right. We got a great deal from the parents of someone Mark works with at the mortuary. They sold us a car for $200 and it is in amazing shape. It has less mileage than our van. Now I get to do shopping during the day and other such things, like buying shoes and beads to make jewelry.
Rozzy turned 2 last month and I did take pictures. I even have pictures from Duncan's and Gwenie's b-days! Haha! So, more of all that later. I hope everyone is well! I haven't been on the computer much this summer, but I am starting to get back on here more.

4 comments:

The Halls said...

YAY!! You're kids look so cute, and I love the little tidbits of house in the background. :) Congrats on the car! Yay for the new little guy coming SOON!! :)

Julianne said...

I was happy to catch up on you. I've missed reading about what you're up to! I hope all goes well with the baby.

Heather said...

Welcome back to the cyberworld! Missed you! Hope everything is still going well, especially with little A, and the kids are all so grown up!

Cynthia said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable!! I have an infant car seat that you can have if you want it. It is only 1 year old. Let me know...