Oct 10, 2008

String Cheese Science Experiment...

The other day I got free tampon samples in the mail from kotex. I know, terribly exciting! I don't wear tampons because I don't want to be implanted with some alien baby without my knowledge. I get enough of those already. Anyway, I thought I would open them up to see what they looked like. I have never seen the inner workings of a tampon before. As I was opening Gwendolyn comes hobbling over to me with excitement, "String cheese! String cheese!!" I can understand her confusion, having never seen a tampon before. I get confused all the time.
Soon after that Duncan thought it would be fun to launch the tampons into a cup of water. You see, I am a good mother, you know, having my kids do science experiments. First, he tried the "regular" tampon. I suppose that one was pretty absorbent, for regular. Then he tried the "Super" tampon. That one was especially super! I couldn't believe how much water that one absorbed! Conclusion: Regular is regular, but super is SUPER absorbent!!

3 comments:

Jon-Michael said...

That reminds me of sitting at the dinner table when I was 14, hearing Dylan's excitement about how absorbent Tampons were when submerged in water. It was during his sex ed unit in 5th grade, and it was so appetizing and amusing at the same time.

Benson Fam said...

You are too funny! I'm happy to have refound your blog when you commented on mine! How is your sweet baby doing? Those little legs in casts made me so sad! But that little girl is going to be one tough cookie:).

Anne said...

very funny :)

Great experement....every boy needs a lesson like that :)